How to Manage Customer Experience with Virtual Reality
Offering your clients an excellent customer service experience gives your company a competitive advantage regardless of the nature of your business.
A personalized, timely, relevant, seamless, memorable, and consistent customer service is what sets one company from another, and clients would rather choose a company that offers a good customer experience even if two companies are offering similar products and services.
There are several factors that affect a good customer experience and guarantee that the company can offer consistent customer service. These include knowing your product, maintaining a positive attitude, and creating the right solution for every problem that the client might face.
Virtual reality is one of the most valuable tools that affect customer experience to deliver an excellent service. Thanks to the exceptional customer experience, the company can get a competitive advantage and increase brand loyalty, so it will be the go-to name in the market whenever the client needs similar products or services.
At WeAR Studio, we understand the true potential of customer experience virtual reality applications and how they can help you retain old clients and attract new ones. So keep on reading to learn about how to improve customer experience using virtual reality technology.
What is Customer Experience Virtual Reality?
In addition to improving the company’s products and optimizing its resources, improving customer experience is every company’s main priority, regardless of its niche or industry.
Virtual reality is one of the hottest technologies that can be used in customer experience solutions for various business applications, mainly because it’s a new trend that offers an unmatched level of immersion and engagement. This is why different companies like Microsoft, Google, and Samsung have invested lots of money to create virtual reality gear to offer an exceptional experience that engages the senses.
Virtual reality customer experience management allows employees to walk in the shoes of their customers and see how they can provide an excellent experience with an exceptional level of satisfaction.
Using virtual reality headsets and controllers, employees are able to present new solutions to potential customers and suggest practical ways to solve their problems.
What Are the Benefits of Using Virtual Reality to Enhance Customer Experience?
Companies are always looking for the latest tools that allow them to secure their share in the market. In addition, a company that offers an impressive customer experience is likely to gain customers’ trust.
As a result, clients will always choose the company and its products, and they will be more encouraged to try any new products or services introduced by the company because they know that it stands behind what it offers.
At the same time, new customers will be impressed with the level of satisfaction the company delivers. Old customers will act as marketing tools because word of mouth greatly impacts improving a brand’s image and increasing brand loyalty. This is likely to encourage new customers to choose the company’s products and services instead of the competitors’.
Virtual reality creates an immersive experience that helps the company increase its sales and eventually its market share in a competitive industry. Here are some benefits of using virtual reality to improve your customers’ experience and improve the overall level of customer support.
- The immersive power of virtual reality is more potent than lots of other marketing and sales tools, as it can convince customers to try new products and services. Customers won’t only see the products and services, but they can experience their development throughout various stages to understand their full potential. When they see the products evolving and developing, customers can feel more confident about their performance. As a result, they’re more likely to pay for upgrades and extra features that enhance the company’s sales.
- Virtual reality is a useful technology that can be used to overcome several challenges that might affect the company’s sales. For political, health, and economic reasons, VR can be used to increase the company’s sales by introducing customers to new shopping opportunities. E-commerce is taken a step further by offering virtual reality shopping where users can see and try products before actually buying them. It offers a middle ground between e-commerce shopping and brick-and-mortar shopping because users can actually see the products they buy before paying for them.
- The management can use virtual reality to teach and train new employees. By creating challenging situations, new employees will be more prepared to handle them when they happen in real life to offer customer service that impresses clients and guarantee that they will always choose the brand. Moreover, VR is one of the best tools to train employees when the work environment is dangerous or relatively inaccessible for training purposes. New employees can be introduced to business operations in a stress-free environment that allows them to feel confident enough before they use the company’s substantial resources. It’s also an excellent way of introducing new technology to old employees, so they can improve their productivity.
- Instead of using visuals and audio resources, management can make use of VR to engage the emotions of customers. New customers can experience what it feels like to use a specific product or service and experience the impact it has on their lives. Moreover, by seeing how a particular product or service will look and work, there will be a decrease in the rate of returns.
- Instead of returning faulty products to the company, customer support employees are able to suggest different ways of fixing a malfunctioning product and explain how to get it back to work. Not only will this save the company’s employees time, but it also gives customers the confidence to use the company’s products as they know that there will always be someone available to answer their questions and fix any of their issues.
- When introducing new products and services to stakeholders, virtual reality games can represent a fun yet engaging way to showcase the company’s latest technologies. Using VR has a bigger impact on old and potential customers than texts and images that don’t show the products’ full potential.
How Different Brands Are Using Virtual Reality to Enhance Digital Customer Experience
Virtual reality is one of the latest tools to boost the quality of customer experience using high-quality customer service immersion and engagement. The good thing about virtual reality is that no business is too big or too small to use VR solutions to improve its presence in the market and boost its customers’ experience. As a matter of fact, the same VR solution can be manipulated several times to offer customers what they need based on the current situation.
The following companies and organizations understood the importance of virtual reality technology and used several VR solutions to enhance their customers’ experience. Here are some of the most successful examples of customer experience enhancement using VR tools and applications.
- OnePlus, the smartphone brand, introduced its latest handset using a virtual reality experience that took 60,000 of the company’s customers to a space station, where they could engage in an immersive experience and learn about the new phone’s features. The strategy proved highly successful as the company’s sales exceeded 30% after using the VR experience.
- The North Face used virtual reality to improve the brand’s identity and make customers more aware of what it offers. The company specializes in producing outdoor gear for hiking and mountaineering enthusiasts and created a virtual reality tour that would take customers to the company’s virtual shop, which is set in the middle of the mountains, where they can shop for what they need.
- When the organization is trying to market a concept, virtual reality provides a useful tool that can be used to enhance customers’ or users’ experience. The Institute for Creative Technologies successfully implemented this concept by stimulating emotions to keep users engaged. VR can be used to create different situations for mental health rehabilitation without the risk of real situations to show how users can use different techniques to overcome specific emotions in a stress-free environment.
- Alibaba Group launched a revolutionary online shopping experience that would allow users to buy and try products from the e-commerce platform while receiving help from a virtual reality assistant. When users wear special VR headsets, they get transferred to a virtual reality online shop that shows high-quality 3D rendered objects that they can try on and eventually buy after seeing exactly how they look. Allowing users to engage with the platform in a more meaningful way is a great tool that the company has used to increase its sales.
- The machinery company, Doosan Infracore, used virtual reality gaming to introduce its new products and services in a virtual reality context that engages customers and helps them understand the potential of the new products and services. The company uses 360-degree images and models of its newest inventions to explain their potential to customers, so they can understand the real potential of the new equipment.
3D models allow potential users to explore different inventions in detail to make better purchasing decisions and understand what the company actually has to offer. At the same time, using virtual reality is a potent way to share the potential of highly technical content with stakeholders who lack this technical knowledge.
- Sephora is currently using its virtual reality app to offer customers the ability to test products and see how they look before actually buying them. As a result, more customers feel more confident about their choices and are even interested in trying new products. The virtual reality app is extremely successful as users are always engaging with the brands to make better and more informed purchase decisions.
- Citibank is currently using virtual reality to improve its productivity and provide new services to its customers. The virtual reality workstation increases the traders’ ability to experience and use different types of data that allow them to offer an excellent level of customer support.
Unlike working in a traditional environment, VR allows traders to work with hundreds of financial tools in real-time to make better financial decisions that would appeal to their customers. As a result, customers will be more satisfied with the service they receive, so they will always choose Citibank over competitors.
- In the automotive industry, Audi is currently using virtual reality tools to create a highly engaging experience for potential users, so they can understand the full potential of their latest vehicles. Potential customers are more persuaded with a product when they can actually try it before buying it and can test it in various settings, which is what an immersive virtual reality customer experience can offer.
- Virtual reality allows more customers to experience the company’s products and services without actually having to be physically present at the company’s location. Lowe’s has mastered this concept by transferring customers to a digital showroom where they can try different products and see how they look in their space. The same concept was also used by IKEA and has successfully increased its sales. IKEA gives its customers the chance to try different versions of their products to choose what really works for them, so they can feel more satisfied with buying their products and services.
- Walmart is utilizing virtual reality to train employees to help them cope with online shopping. Employees are able to master different stages of the shopping process to reduce the time and money needed to respond to customers’ requests. Eventually, this will improve the company’s loyalty and can also save the company’s valuable resources while increasing sales.
In addition, well-trained employees are more potent at responding to customers’ different inquiries and are more able to provide the right answers to their questions. VR is currently used to train employees in three areas; new technologies, soft skills, and compliance to guarantee a consistent level of customer satisfaction.
It’s Time to Improve Your Customers’ Experience
Regardless of your industry, virtual reality will provide some of the most accessible tools to help you offer your customers the best experience. From improving the work environment to training employees, offering new products, and allowing customers to try products before buying them, virtual reality will allow you to improve your status in the business and enhance your brand’s image.
At WeAR Studio, we understand the potential of virtual reality and will study your situation to create a personalized solution that improves your business operations in no time.
With our help, you will become a pioneer in your market. So, contact us today, and we’ll help you take your customers’ experience to the next level.