Benefits of AR/VR in Sales: How to Improve Shopping Experience
According to statistics, the online share of sales market growth has increased to 21.3%, representing a significant increase from the 15.8% share in 2019.
As e-commerce is on the rise, businesses use AR and VR technologies to increase sales and change the way marketing efforts are planned and conducted. So, what do the applications of AR and VR mean in the world of B2B sales? How can you use these advanced technologies to increase your sales in a competitive market?
What Are the Benefits of AR and VR in Sales?
AR and VR can revolutionize the way B2B sales work. These two technologies are of different nature but can provide incredible benefits to businesses of various industries and sizes.
These solutions can make online products tangible, thus increasing sales and decreasing returns. Using techniques like Try-Before-You-Buy, customers can see for themselves how AR and VR can address a problem or satisfy a need. Here are some of the advantages of incorporating virtual and augmented reality in sales efforts and plans.
An AR/VR solution can effortlessly elevate your marketing efforts. AR/VR technologies have the ability to translate a story into a personal experience that the customers react to. In this case, the sales team can either take the customer to the solution using a VR device or bring the solution to them using an AR device.
Instead of being on the receiver’s end in the case of a marketing campaign or advertisement, AR and VR technologies allow the consumer to be part of the experience. For example, when the consumer sees a picture of a product being used, their mind tries to create a story to explain how a real-life application of this product or service can solve a problem they face.
AR and VR technologies can create this story, as the consumers get to experience the benefits of the product and understand its value. As a result, they can see for themselves why this product represents a trustworthy investment.
In 2020, the sales of AR and VR headsets reached 5.5 million units, and the numbers are expected to increase up to 26 million units in 2023. These devices help create a computer-simulated environment that allows consumers to experience the product they use before actually paying for them.
A VR/AR shopping experience results in a higher level of engagement as your customers feel that they’re part of the story. This higher level of engagement doesn’t only reflect in an increase in sales if you’re launching a new product, but it also contributes to an increase in brand loyalty. This means that your customers are more likely to trust any future products or services you introduce because they have enjoyed a positive experience before.
Customers who engage in an AR/VR shopping experience become emotionally invested in the product or service. They know how to use it to solve a problem and will contribute to your marketing efforts.
According to a recent study, more than 64% of marketing executives believe that word of mouth is one of the most helpful marketing tools. People who buy your products or service will convince others to give them a try because they have experienced them.
VR/AR Solutions B2B: How These Technologies Give you Competitive Advantage
In the B2B market, VR/AR technologies can transform the way marketing and sales teams run their business. Here are some of the benefits of incorporating these two technologies in your B2B.
- By designing the best VR experience, your team can create better pitches. Your sales team will have the ability to better showcase their solutions and explain why they’re different from the competition.
- These technologies can create opportunities for safer and better training. When testing the products or services is dangerous or inaccessible, your sales team can get familiar with how they work and their benefits to better understand their potential.
- When you’re selling a concept or an idea, VR/AR tools can bring it to life. These tools allow your potential client to envision your concept and how it can address a need or a problem. For example, these technologies can prove how customizable a solution is by adjusting and tweaking it to fit the client’s needs.
- Creating dynamic sales materials is another advantage of using VR/AR tools. Instead of using flyers and brochures, your potential clients will use devices that allow them to experience a 360-degrees outlook of your product or service. Clients will be able to interact and test your products and services in any way they desire, gaining access to the needed information that would tempt them to make a purchase decision.
Increasing Retail Sales Revenues Using AR/VR solutions
As a marketing or sales executive, it’s essential to understand how to use VR/AR solutions to improve retail sales efforts. Here are a few applications of these technologies.
- Online virtual store apps represent an easy, fast, and convenient solution for those who want to try products before actually buying them. Installing an AR/VR app in a physical store will help customers navigate different products, compare them, and even try them before making a purchase. These online apps can help shoppers while navigating big department or retail stores, so they can easily find what they’re looking for.
- Contactless trial is a significant advantage that many consumers would appreciate, especially in the spread of the Covid-19 pandemic. Customers might be reluctant to try on clothing apparel that others have touched or tried on. AR/VR headsets can show them how exactly something looks like without actually having to touch it.
- Earning real-life rewards by playing a VR/AR game will help increase your sales. By creating a VR/AR game that shoppers can use in an online or block-and-mortar store, your customers will be more engaged with your products and services. These games also add personalized elements that create brand loyalty. MyVegas app is a clear representation of this type of games, as players engage in online games that grant them real-life discounts at various vacation resorts.
- AR and artificial intelligence can be incorporated to create customized products. In the Nike By You studio, customers start with a plain pair of sneakers then add their personalized touches to create unique designs.
- Testing products can be achieved with VR/AR tools that allow customers to see how different products can fit their needs and solve their problems. IKEA Place is an online app that will enable users to manipulate true-to-size 3D models of different furniture pieces and appliances before actually buying them. After scanning the area, users can add the pieces of their choice to see how they will look in real life.
With AR/VR tools, if you’re not moving forward, then you’re falling behind. These new technologies are guaranteed to provide you with a competitive advantage.
If you’re not sure about incorporating AR/VR in your B2B, you can find a specialized team at WeAR Studio to help you choose and implement the right technology for your industry. Reach out to email@example.com today and get a free consultation.