Augmented and Virtual Reality in Social Media Marketing
As of 2021, more than 91% of the companies in the US are using social media as a marketing tool to promote various products and services and reach a larger group of the target audience. This is because social media is a powerful e-commerce marketing tool as it makes products more accessible and engages customers with the target product or service.
Each social media platform provides various benefits when it comes to marketing and promotion. This means that regardless of the size of your business, you need to make sure that you’re using the latest business solutions and tools that appeal to your target clients to improve your online presence.
One of these new tools is x-reality. So how can augmented and virtual reality both be used in social media? And can X-reality technologies be used to maximize the potential of various marketing practices?
To find the answer to this question and learn more about AR/VR social media marketing applications, keep on reading the rest of our article.
How Popular is Social Media Marketing?
With more than 3.78 billion online users, different social media platforms are currently acting as some of the most powerful tools that a company can use to promote its products, engage with customers, and improve its presence in a competing market.
People of different age groups, interests, and demographics use various social media platforms for entertainment and to keep up with the news. So, it only makes sense that multiple companies are currently using these tools to help sell their products and services.
There are several reasons why social media marketing has become an essential marketing tool that shouldn’t be ignored by any business regardless of the industry or niche.
- Social media marketing is a potent tool that can be used for storytelling marketing. This marketing approach allows you to engage with your potential clients by telling a story that they can relate to. People interact with these emotional stories when they’re posted using interesting video and audio content and will feel more loyal to your brand.
- Regardless of your industry, you can use social media platforms to learn more about your competitors. You can follow your competitors, check people’s feedback, and how your competitors are responding to complaints and questions. You can also identify the points of weakness that your competitors are failing to fulfill, so you can work on adding them to your product or service.
- Unlike other marketing and advertising techniques, a social media marketing campaign can be an affordable solution for a growing business. You can promote your business by simply creating a page and posting new and exciting content, or you can use the various advertising tools currently incorporated into different social media platforms. As a result, you’ll be able to grow your audience without having to increase your budget.
- If you’re launching a new product or service, you’ll be able to assess its potential by keeping an eye on your target audience’s activity. You’ll be able to see what your potential buyers like, dislike, and what interests them, so you can offer them a product or service that they actually need.
- Social media allows you to stay connected to your users at all times. Your content is always accessible, and you can easily answer their questions and respond to their comments. This connection makes your product or service the go-to choice when your potential clients are choosing between two options because they feel emotionally connected to your brand.
Why are Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality Used in Social Media Marketing?
Because social media platforms are becoming highly competitive marketing tools, it only makes sense that you will be trying to use the latest solution to make your brand stand out.
Using AR and VR in social media is a great way to improve your online presence and keep yourself ahead of the competition. While these new technologies are not as widespread as they should be, they’re currently used in social media marketing because they allow you to approach clients, engage with them, and create and maintain a brand image they will be loyal to.
Luckily, both AR and VR can be seamlessly integrated and incorporated into different social marketing platforms to allow you to make the best of your marketing strategy. Here is how VR and AR are used in social media.
- Social media can benefit from VR and AR in improving the promotion and advertising efforts. These two technologies can be used to create branded filters that people love to play with. At the same time, they will create brand awareness, so your potential clients will always be connected to your brand and what it offers.
- Using AR and VR, people can actually try the products and services before paying for them. Not only will this decrease buyer’s remorse that results in returns and exchanges, but it will also increase sales as people might even try products and services that they weren’t interested in in the first place. This is called impulsive buying, which is quite common among younger clients.
- AR and VR allow brands to stay in touch with clients by keeping up with social media trends. These tools can be incorporated into various marketing campaigns using viral social media content, so clients can always feel that their brands are keeping up with what interests them.
- Because AR and VR blur the lines between imagination and reality, clients will be enjoying an immersive experience. People will be able to see how a product or service can actually solve a problem they’re facing using a mixed-reality solution that shows them the true potential of what they’re paying for.
- Social media is all about engagement and interaction, and AR and VR in social media will boost your clients’ engagement because they can experience a virtual version of what you’re offering. As a result, they will be sharing your products and services with more people who will eventually turn into paying clients.
How Are Different Brands Using VR and AR in Social Media Marketing?
AR/VR social media tools are currently used by multiple brands in different industries and niches because they maximize the interaction between the brand and its target customers.
There are several successful examples of how various brands that work in different industries are currently using these two technologies to complement their marketing efforts and improve their e-commerce presence.
- Domino’s launched its AR pizza filter campaign on Instagram to promote its products and offer users shareable content that they can share with their friends and families. As people shared fun photos and played with the filter, the company’s logo is always present, tempting more people to explore the company’s menu and eventually buying its products.
- Toms’ social media campaign is a clear example of story-telling marketing where the marketers combine VR and social media for business uses. Buyers could watch an emotional story where the company vows to donate a pair of shoes for every bought pair. Then, using virtual reality, the company takes buyers to a remote village in Peru, where they could see the reactions of kids when they receive their new shoes. This campaign resulted in an increase in the company’s sales, as people felt that they satisfied their needs while helping someone else.
- Bon V!V, the leading liquor brand, started a new social media marketing campaign by placing QR codes that users could scan using their mobile phones to watch a 3D augmented reality animation of a vending machine to try a new product, their Spiked Seltzer. This innovative marketing technique relied on a web-based AR solution that users could use to record videos and share them on their social media platforms.
- Expedia launched a new VR marketing campaign, taking its potential customers on a trip to explore several destinations. The idea of showing people the potential of the trip and what they can actually enjoy resulted in an increase in bookings. More people were interested in trying what they actually saw using VR.
- To make use of the Try Before You Buy concept, Sephora launched an augmented reality feature into their app, allowing users to try different products before actually paying for them. For example, people could try different makeup shades and take photos, then share them on their social media platforms with the company’s logo.
The future of social media VR and AR applications seems promising, as more brands are making use of these new technologies to reach more clients, increase their sales, and spread awareness about their products and services. This means that it’s time for every business, regardless of its size, to think of the best VR and AR solutions that can help boost its social media presence.
Want to Improve Your Social Media Presence?
Regardless of your industry, using AR and VR solutions will be a great way to boost your social media marketing efforts and guarantee that they will deliver the best results. At WeAR Studio, you’ll find equipped experts who have all the needed tools to study your business and suggest the best AR and VR business solutions that can help you achieve your goals. Contact us today, and we’ll help you design and execute a remarkable social marketing campaign that helps you book your spot in a competing market.