Augmented and Virtual Reality for Small Business: How to Be Interactive?
In 2020, 30.7 million or 99.9% of US businesses were considered small businesses. This shows how competitive the market is for small and medium-sized businesses that are trying to establish their presence.
Using the right tools and techniques is the only way these businesses are going to continue competing to stand out from their competition.
Among these tools, virtual and augmented reality for small business solutions stand out as they create newer opportunities to elevate marketing efforts and lead to more sales.
Today, AR and VR tools are less expensive, more versatile, and more potent, so they will enhance the efficiency of your marketing and sales efforts, regardless of your niche.
But as a business owner, marketing expert, or hard-working sales employee, you’re probably wondering about the most optimum way to incorporate these solutions into your business plan.
How can you use augmented and virtual reality technologies to boost your sales and improve your market share?
Don’t worry because you’re at the right place. Keep on reading to learn more about augmented and virtual reality in business applications.
Benefits of Augmented and Virtual Reality for Small Businesses
Try-Before-You-Buy, virtual makeup mirrors, find my fit, and augmented reality filters are all examples of how companies can use AR and VR solutions to optimize their marketing efforts.
The idea lies in changing a shopping experience from a 2D model to a 3D model while changing the role of the customer from a recipient to a participant.
Creating an immersive shopping experience using these innovative tools has changed the way marketing experts manage their efforts.
This is why it’s no surprise that the AR/VR market is currently worth 12 billion dollars with a whopping growth rate of 54%.
So, what are the advantages of considering AR and VR solutions in small business management? Here are some of their outstanding benefits.
- AR/VR tools can significantly reduce production and testing expenses. They allow designers to test and modify their products and make all the necessary adjustments in a virtual setting. Simulations can create a safe and cost-efficient environment for troubleshooting without wasting the company’s limited resources.
- Product testing through AR and VR tools will help the company make better investment decisions. Company managers can test the performance of their products and services without actually dedicating production lines to faulty products that might not achieve the desired results.
- AR and VR solutions change the way promotion and marketing efforts are conducted. Storytelling and involving the customer in a simulated experience allow your customer to participate in the marketing process.
- Customers will be more engaged with your brand and everything you offer. A higher level of engagement will improve your brand’s image and increase brand loyalty.
- The immersive shopping experience has a massive impact on the revenues of retail and small businesses. Live demos and interactive ads encourage customers to try the product before actually buying it, so they will be more confident about your product. This will also reduce the chance of returning any bought product.
- Augmented and virtual reality tools grant small businesses more exposure. People are more interested in trying these tools, so your brand will better resonate with customers who might be shopping for a product or service offered by your company and its competitors.
- Small businesses can personalize the marketing effort. Instead of creating mass media content, these tools can show your target customer that your product or service provides a solution to a problem they’re currently dealing with.
- AR and VR tools are used to establish your brand’s social media presence. These solutions are highly versatile and customizable, so you can definitely find a relevant solution that caters to the needs of your business, complies with the requirements of the industry, and suits your budget.
- Apart from the impact on sales, business AR and VR tools will improve the way your company does business. They’re used for training purposes in situations where real-life training is too expensive, dangerous, or inaccessible.
Your employees and even business partners and retailers will be able to understand more about your business operations using these interactive tools.
Augmented and Virtual Reality Examples in Various Industries
It’s clear that augmented and virtual reality future predictions will revolutionize the way marketing operations function. But how can you implement these solutions in your industry? Here are some of the most successful augmented and virtual reality examples in the small business market.
Real Estate 3D Tours
In the real estate market, your company can expand its market by offering its listings to customers in any part of the world.
Having 3D tours of listings even before they’re built is a significant advantage, as customers are able to walk through the property and understand its potential to make a purchase.
Using this technology, a company can customize its website to offer 360-degree tours to examine different parts of the property. Customers can put on virtual headsets to see information about the property’s value, number of rooms, and other benefits.
A virtual reality tour can also be used to improve the experience of landlords and tenants in vacation homes. Target customers can enjoy short yet informative virtual tours of the listed property and pay for it fast.
Many reasons caused the decline in home improvement and remodeling projects, but indecisiveness is one of them. Homeowners aren’t sure about how something will look, so they might feel hesitant about spending their time on an expensive remodeling project.
Companies can use augmented reality tools to enhance customers’ shopping experience and show them how their home improvement solutions will look once finished.
For example, paint colors, flooring, bathroom tiles, and furniture and appliance setups can be changed multiple times before a customer makes a decision.
Moreover, customers will be more confident about their choices because they know exactly how their homes will look like. They might also be convinced to buy another product that they haven’t considered before after seeing how their renovated space will look.
Apparel and Accessories
More people would be interested in buying clothes, footwear, and accessories if they could try them first using augmented reality.
Such tools can enhance an online shopping experience because users will see how the products will fit them, which will also reduce the rate of returns.
Even in a block-and-mortar store, augmented reality mirrors will increase sales because customers are able to see a bigger number of outfits without having to try them on.
Social media filters and AR cameras will allow customers to use different products in their social media accounts and, accordingly, improve your online presence.
One of the best VR for small business applications is to show your potential client how your new technology can solve an existing problem.
Your customer can see the specifications of your product and even give it a try in an immersive experience.
Virtual reality will boost your company’s sales by allowing customers to experience your game or technology service. You can even train your employees to market this technology better.
As augmented and virtual reality solutions are still evolving, there’s still a lot of potential for these two technologies to help boost your small business performance.
Regardless of your industry, an WeAR Studio can help you find the right solution for your small business, guaranteeing that you will be able to reap the benefits in no time. So what are you waiting for? Contact us today at email@example.com and get help.